This is an e-learning platform and training for those interested in mainstreaming climate change into public budgets and planning and ultimately improve climate change resilience. At the core of this course is the Financing Framework for Resilient Growth (FFRG), or as we shorten it, FFRG.
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of climate change adaptation finance
- Learn how to estimate economic losses and assess climate change expenditures for their effectiveness.
- Identify sources of climate change finance and assess their relative appropriateness for funding different adaptation and mitigation options
- Outline basic elements of the process to formulate National Adaptation Plans (NAPs), and understand how the financing frameworks can enable the development and monitoring of NAPs
- Understand the relationship between climate adaptation and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and more specifically how the FFRG can contribute to the achievement of relevant SDGs
- Analyse principal challenges and opportunities for climate change action
This training is targeted at government officials, policymakers, development planners, climate change practitioners and all those interested in mainstreaming Climate Change into public planning and budgeting.
The training modules for this platform were created by Stephanie Allan, Ashira Perera, and Elisabeth Resch from Oxford Policy Management. Much of the content is based on work undertaken by the Action on Climate (ACT) Today programme and its Climate Finance, Advisor Kit Nicholson. Thanks are due to him for his review of some modules and overall feedback.
We are also grateful to the editors of this content (Marcela Tarazona, Harshita Bisht, Allan Duncan, Cristina Rumbaitis del Rio, Aditya Vansh Bahadur, Venkatramani Shivaranjani, Rizwan Uz Zaman, Soumik Biswas). Dan Allan from Oxford Policy Management and Naveen Devnani from ACT helped in the production of this portal. We thank Vertiver for the design and development of this LMS.
Finally, thanks are due to all experts who were interviewed for this training: Sunil Acharya, Aditya V. Bahadur, Solaiman Bakshi, Soumik Biswas, Azim Doosti, Rishu Garg, Naman Gupta, Abinash Mohanty, Pankaj Kumar, Debasish Roy, Cristina Rumbaitis del Rio, Nirmala Sanu, Naresh Sharma, Venkatramani Shivaranjani, Marcela Tarazona, Madhukar Upadhya, Asha Verma, and Rizwan Uz Zaman.